One day workshop on “Focused Attention on Vulnerable and Over exploited Areas” was scheduled on 22.01.2019. Due to some unavoidable circumstances, the workshop is now RE-SCHEDULED to 24.01.2019.
The workshop is organized by National Water Mission, MoWR, RD & GR, Govt. of India & Water Resources Department, Govt. of Karnataka at Dr. Babu Rajendra Prasad International Convention Hall, Agriculture University, Gandhi Krishi Vigyan Kendra (GKVK), Bengaluru.
As you are aware that in 2018-19, 156 Talukas in Karnataka have been declared as Drought Prone areas. In order to meet the water crisis arisen due to continuous drought like situation, farmers, government and non-government organisations, progressive thinkers are adopting their own successful methods. At this juncture, the workshop is a better platform to share the success stories.
The objectives of the Workshop are to share the community based improved ground water management, local capacity building, knowledge sharing between government agencies and communities in ground water exploited and over exploited areas. In this workshop Presidents of Village Panchayat, Panchayat Development Officers/Secretaries, representatives of Non-Government Organisations and officers from related Departments from selected talukas of Bangalore Rural, Ramanagar, Tumkur, Chikkaballapur, Kolar and Chitradurga Districts will participate.
This workshop will be inaugurated by the following Ministers
- Arjun Ram Meghwal, Hon’ble Minister for State, Ministry of Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation, Government of India.
- D.K. Shivakumar, Hon’ble Minister, Major and Medium Irrigation, Water Resources Department, Kannada and Culture, Information and Public Relation Department, Government of Karnataka
- Krishna Byregowda, Hon’ble Minister, Rural Development and Panchayat Raj Department, Government of Karnataka
- N. H. Shivashankar Reddy, Hon’ble Minister, Agriculture Department, Government of Karnataka
- C.S. Puttaraju, Hon’ble Minister, Minor Irrigation Department, Government of Karnataka
Groundwater Exhibition opening at 10.30 am by Shri. D.K. Shivakumar, Hon’ble Minister, Water Resources Department, Government of Karnataka.
Press Meet by Distinguished Ministers will be held during the workshop.
For more information please contact Shri. M.S. Raviprakash, 9449694890.